- Determines test objectives and standards by studying business and software requirements; writing test cycle plans, test cases, and test scripts.
- Meets test objectives by determining testing methods, tools, cycles, phases, and conditions; setting up testing environment and equipment.
- Identifies software capability and reliability by conducting functional, system, and performance tests. Analyzing test results and modifying plans, cases and scripts as needed accordingly.
- Resolves testing problems by modifying testing methods during tests; conferring with management to revise test objectives and standards.
- Understands root causes of complex technical issues and provides the relevant information including logs, traces, etc. to the assigned developer.
- Maintains testing database by developing defect tracking and regression testing information requirements; validates and documents test outcomes.
- Reports test outcomes by collecting, analyzing, interpreting, summarizing, and displaying data; recommending software changes and workarounds when applicable.
- Maintains professional and technical knowledge by attending educational workshops; reviewing professional publications; establishing personal networks; participating in professional societies.
- Maintains test environments according to changing needs, and complying with procedures, rules, and regulations.
- Contributes to team effort by accomplishing related results as needed.
- Verbal and written fluency in English
- Experience in testing complex technology products
- Programming background in one or more (C++/Java/C#/Python/Perl/PHP/JS/VB)
- Ability to work in a team with development engineers in an Agile environment
- Strong experience with a variety of testing methodologies and tools
- Up to 3 years of industry experience.
- BCS computer science or equivalent degree – advantage
Reference Req #1026 in subject line.