The Senior Public Relations/Media Relations Manager will be responsible for significantly helping to increase Vidyo’s leadership and brand awareness through different media channels. Responsibilities include, but are not limited to:
- Identify key media targets and build relationships with key business journalists in national and trade publications
- Develop PR plans, media strategies social media strategies and messaging
- Secure highest visibility for in-print, broadcast, TV and online media outlets through pitching and securing stories for both business and trade media
- Write clear and compelling PR materials including press announcements, pitch letters, blog posts, and by-lined articles
- Identify and write submissions for high visibility speaking and award opportunities
- Help with logistics including email blasts, website content updates, etc.
- 3-5 years’ relevant experience in technology public relations and communications
- Must have strong, existing top-tier national business and trade and vertical market press and a proven track record of obtaining high profile/feature coverage (healthcare, education, and government in particular – A PLUS)
- PR agency experience desired
- “CAN DO” Attitude! We are looking for someone with a positive, winning personality, great sense of humor, and a drive to get the job done right.
- Being “camera comfortable”… since we are a video communication business, we do many meetings and briefings on camera. This position is not for camera shy candidates.
- Excellent oral and written communication skills (writing samples will be required)
- Ability to work well with others. Our team lacks hierarchy so you must be able to collaborate and work cross functionally.
- Bachelor’s degree
- Must be tech savvy with an understanding of new media and excellent computer skills
- Ability to organize and store data (documents videos, pictures), install and configure applications, compile email blasts, save files in various formats, access FTP server
- Word, Excel, PowerPoint, LinkedIn, Twitter, Facebook, WordPress, Photoshop – A MUST
- HTML, PHP, etc. – A PLUS