HACKENSACK, N.J., Mar 2, 2016 - Performance, quality, security, scalability and interoperability are all key considerations that factor into a decision when choosing to deploy a cloud-based, hybrid or on-premises based video offering. Today Vidyo, Inc. announced the availability of its hosted offering that supports up to 4K UltraHD resolution video and content sharing in addition to an upcoming developer focused offering. These new services combine Vidyo’s industry-leading distributed infrastructure with the convenience of a cloud deployment, managed by Vidyo.
“The quality of our video communications experience, especially over mobile and wireless networks, has always set Vidyo apart,” said Eran Westman, CEO Vidyo. “Customers have been asking and can now have Vidyo quality with these unparalleled new services, combined with our superior back-end infrastructure available in a Vidyo cloud, with support for hybrid. We are excited to offer customers more choice in the way they use our technology and the ability for them to customize their user experience. We look forward to all the exciting new Vidyo-powered use cases our customers, partners and developers will bring to life with our PaaS.”
Hosted VidyoConferencing enables teams of any size to deploy simple, optimized cloud-based (including with hybrid) video conferencing with a rich feature set:
- Industry’s best video bandwidth optimization in hybrid deployments leveraging Vidyo’s unique router cascading capability, that reduces bottlenecking, latency and internet bandwidth consumption by up to 96% by keeping local traffic within the corporate network
- Cloud bursting allows customers to temporarily exceed purchased capacity if usage spikes or capacity needs change
- Support for 4K UltraHD resolution for multiparty video and content sharing and hundreds of simultaneous video participants.
- Industry’s most reliable video communication experience that dynamically adapts to any mobile or fixed network
- Interoperability with Windows, Mac, Linux, iOS, Android, H.323, SIP and PSTN phones
- WebRTC support, with VP9 and VP8 codecs, to reduce friction for guests to join meetings
- Scalable and affordable for large meetings and deployments
- Encrypted communications to protect privacy and comply with rigorous security standards, HIPAA compliance underway
- Integrated directory for dial-by-name simplicity
- Click-to-connect enables seamless ability to meet with anyone inside or outside an organization
- Available now through Vidyo certified business partners
Vidyo PaaS introduces a powerful, easy-to-use API designed specifically for developers that works across endpoints – web, mobile and desktop- giving developers a simplified way to embed secure, scalable, high-quality multipoint video and collaboration into any workflow, application, endpoint or IoT form factor. Vidyo PaaS delivers the benefits of Vidyo’s technology in a cloud-hosted setting with a global footprint. Highlights of Vidyo PaaS include:
- Elegant API, consistent for mobile, web and desktop applications
- Ability to move from development to deployment quickly
- Supports up to 4K UltraHD video and content sharing
- Optimum collaboration experience over wireless networks and the public Internet, ideal for mobile communication and collaboration
- Scales to massive conferences
- Complies with rigorous security standards
- Interoperability with Windows, Mac, Linux, iOS, Android
- WebRTC support with VP9 and VP8 codecs
- Pay-as- you- go usage based pricing
- Partner-based community of applications
- Available in the second quarter of 2016. To be a part of the Vidyo PaaS developer community, or for more information on Vidyo PaaS sign up here.
Please visit us at Enterprise Connect, Orlando, 2016, Booth #921 or at ATA, Minneapolis, Booth #1927 to learn more about new Vidyo offerings.
About Vidyo, Inc.
Millions of users around the world visually connect every day with Vidyo’s secure, scalable technology and cloud-based services. Vidyo offers video collaboration solutions for companies that require the highest quality video interaction available. Recognized with over 110 patents, the company’s software platform and APIs are used by enterprise customers, service providers, and ecosystem partners to create innovative HD quality video-enabled applications embedded into workflows and emerging IoT devices. Learn more at www.vidyo.com, on the blog, or follow Vidyo on Twitter @vidyo and on Facebook.
The VIDYO logo is a registered trademark of Vidyo, Inc., VIDYO and the trademarks of the VIDYO family of products are trademarks of Vidyo, Inc. and the other trademarks referenced herein are the property of their respective owners.