InfoComm 2013, Orlando, FL, Jun 12, 2013 - Vidyo, Inc., today announced VidyoConferencing™ 3.0, providing enhanced usability and new innovations to its software-based video communications and collaboration portfolio. Vidyo has revolutionized the video conferencing industry by delivering award-winning telepresence at audio conferencing prices. The 3.0 upgrade propels the industry forward once again, providing users with a newly designed integrated desktop that raises the bar on the video user experience and democratizes access to visual communications. VidyoConferencing 3.0 also offers two new room system form factors at market-disrupting price/performance levels with enhanced interactive content collaboration and tight integration with a variety of unified communications solutions.
Related VidyoConferencing 3.0 product introductions include: VidyoDesktop™ 3.0, VidyoWeb™, Vidyo’s in-browser experience, VidyoRemote™, a new remote control application for iOS and Android devices, a new Vidyo app for sharing and collaboration, plus Vidyo API integration with both AMX and Crestron room control solutions.
“Companies can now confidently invest in enterprise-wide solutions that add intuitive and viral end-user experiences to the industry’s most scalable video communications system,” said Ofer Shapiro, co-founder and CEO of Vidyo. “We have seen customer growth explode to an unprecedented level; one customer’s usage has peaked at 750 concurrent calls, another purchased a 1,000 rooms systems in a single deployment, and a third purchased capacity that will support 500 million minutes a year. The lessons from working with these huge use cases have made the Vidyo offering more robust and user-friendly than any other solution on the market.”
“Vidyo continues to push the industry’s price/performance boundaries” said Roopam Jain, Principal Analyst, Frost & Sullivan North America. “Their new form factor – a small room system, based on the Intel NUC solution – further breaks down the barriers to adoption by offering a cost effective solution for small meeting rooms and their approach to a multi-screen telepresence room solution, the VidyoPanorama™ 600, does the same for immersive telepresence. Vidyo’s innovation has driven the market forward, addressing the pertinent need for scalable, affordable, and easy to use video conferencing solutions.”
“Vidyo’s new room systems that are built on top of the Intel® NUC (next unit of computing), demonstrate the power and performance of Intel® Core™ Processors,” said John Deatherage, NUC Marketing Director, Intel Corporation. “We are excited to see new applications delivered on the NUC platform and to have Intel technology play a role in bringing new levels of affordability to video conferencing room systems.”
VidyoConferencing 3.0 Highlights
- Vidyo sharing and collaboration application – for data sharing and annotation that transforms an iPad into a second collaboration screen for any other Vidyo endpoint and provides whiteboard and mark-up application for any content shared during a meeting as well as sharing content available on the device.
- VidyoRemote and remote-less operation of the VidyoRooms™ – a remote control application for iOS and Android. Vidyo also introduces one-touch guest invitations for B2B and B2C applications.
- VidyoWeb- an in-browser experience enabling one-click inclusion of users of IM clients such as Skype, Google and Microsoft and streamlined experience for guest users on the system.
- VidyoDesktop 3.0 – supports two HD displays and an ability to display up to 16 participants for an immersive desktop experience. VidyoDesktop 3.0 also provides in-call group and private chat capability.
- VidyoRoom HD40 – a new small form factor, starting at $999.
- VidyoPanorama 600 – an immersive telepresence system is priced at $25,000 and supports up to 6x 1080p60.
- The VidyoConferencing 3.0 upgrade is scheduled for release in Q3 2013 and will be free to all existing Vidyo users who are under a current maintenance agreement.
Demonstrations of VidyoConferencing 3.0 and associated products/features will be available at Vidyo’s Booth #1581, InfoComm 2013, in Orlando, Florida, June 12 – 14. Also being shown in the Vidyo booth are technology demonstrations of Vidyo room system software driving a 4K display and an H.265 SVC (“HEVC”) demo. H.265 SVC promises to cut bandwidth requirements in half while the latest in 4K display technology has the potential to eliminate the need for multiple screens to provide an immersive telepresence experience. Vidyo continues to support emerging technologies.
About Vidyo, Inc.
Vidyo, Inc. pioneered Personal Telepresence enabling natural, HD multi-point videoconferences on tablets, smart phones, PCs, Macs, room systems and telepresence installations that interoperate with legacy H.323 and SIP endpoints. Vidyo’s infrastructure makes it a leading provider of affordable cloud-based video conferencing technology. The VidyoWorks™ platform allows solution providers to integrate high quality visual communications into their applications, leveraging H.264 Scalable Video Coding (SVC) and Vidyo’s patented VidyoRouter™ technology. Learn more at www.vidyo.com, on the Blog or follow Vidyo on Twitter @vidyo and on Facebook.
The VIDYO logo is a registered trademark of Vidyo, Inc., VIDYO and the trademarks of the VIDYO family of products are trademarks of Vidyo, Inc. and the other trademarks referenced herein are the property of their respective owners.