Integrate your calendar
For mobile, you enable calendar integration in the Settings of your device.
You can integrate your Google or Outlook calendar so you can see your upcoming meetings and create new ones from the VidyoConnect app.
You can install the Google Calendar Add-on or the Outlook add-in so you can create meetings directly from the calendar.
Click Settings at the top-right corner of the VidyoConnect screen. Click the Integrations tab and then follow the instructions for your calendar.
- Click Office 365. The Office 365 Calendar (connect) window displays.
- Click Connect. The Microsoft Pick an account dialog displays.
- Select an account and sign in. The Microsoft Stay signed In? dialog box displays.
- Click Yes to reduce the number of time you are asked to sign in. The Open VidyoConnect? dialog box displays.
- Click Open VidyoConnect. Your calendar connects with the VidyoConnect app.
To disconnect, in the Integrations window, click Office 365 Calendar again.
You must have the Outlook application on your PC.
- Click Outlook Calendar. The Outlook Calendar (connect) window displays.
- Click Connect. Your Outlook Calendar connects with the VidyoConnect app.
To disconnect, in the Integrations window, click Outlook Calendar again.
- Click Google Calendar. The Google Calendar (connect) window displays.
- Click Connect. If you have Google accounts, a dialog appears, showing those Google accounts.
- From the list, select the Google account you want to connect with the VidyoConnect app. If you do not have an account, create one on the sign-up page.
- Enter your username and password for your Google account. The Grant VidyoConnect permission dialog displays (page 1/2).
- Click Allow. Page 2/2 of the Grant VidyoConnect permission dialog displays.
- Click Allow. The Google confirm your choices page displays.
- Click Allow. The Open VidyoConnect? dialog box displays.
- Click Open VidyoConnect. Your Google calendar connects to the VidyoConnect app.
To disconnect, in the Integrations window, click Google Calendar again.
Vidyo uses Exchange Web Services (EWS) when integrating with your Exchange calendar. We use email addresses to authenticate users instead of a username, which may confuse most exchange security admins since they don't usually authenticate in this manner.
- Click Exchange. The Exchange (connect) window displays.
- Enter the Exchange URL.
- Enter your Exchange Email Address and Password in the designated fields.
- Click Connect.
To disconnect, in the Integrations window, click Exchange again.
You can enhance the event scheduling capability of your Google calendar by adding the VidyoConnect Calendar Add-On to it. Installing this add-on allows you to add and edit Vidyo meetings from your Google calendar and invite participants to the event by sending Vidyo meeting links.
- Click Calendar Add-On. You are directed to the app store to install VidyoConnect.
- Click Install. The Get ready to install dialog displays.
- Click Continue. The Choose an account dialog displays.
- Select an account. The allow access dialog displays.
- Click Allow. A dialog confirming the installation of Calendar add-on displays.
- Go to your Google account, look for on the right panel and click on it. The sign in page displays.
- Click Sign in. The VidyoConnect Login page displays.
- Click Continue. A page on which you are asked to sign in with your organization account displays.
- Sign in with your credentials. If you log in successfully, the VidyoConnect page appears in your calendar (on the right) and you can now schedule or edit a Vidyo meeting.
- To schedule a meeting, click on a date in the calendar, provide all the required meeting details and click Create Vidyo Meeting.