Alert: VidyoConnect for Desktop
This alert centers around a known issue that does not affect functionality in any way.
If you are using VidyoConnect for Desktop version 22.5.0 and earlier, and you join a call where the breakout rooms feature is supported, you may see a closed captioning bot as a user in the participants list on your VidyoConnect app.
Which products are affected?
- VidyoConnect for Desktop 22.5.0 and earlier.
Users impacted by the issue
This issue affects those who are using VidyoConnect for Desktop 22.5.0 and earlier, and users who join a call where the breakout rooms feature is supported. The breakout rooms feature is supported in VidyoConnect for Desktop, WebRTC, and Mobile version 23.1.0 and VidyoPortal version 23.1.1 and later.
Known conditions for the issue to occur
- User on VidyoConnect for Desktop 22.5.0 or earlier joins a call that supports closed captioning (Version 22.6 and later).
- User joins a call with VidyoConnect 22.6.0 or higher.
- VidyoConnect 22.6.0 user enables closed captioning.
- The participant on version 22.5 and earlier will see a closed captioning bot visible in the participants list.
- Closed captioning bot present in the participant's list in previous GAs (22.5.0 and earlier).
The issue is retroactively affecting older versions because of the new advancements in various components of our value chain.
As more details become available, Vidyo will provide updates on the root cause, workarounds, and fix.
What actions can I take?
- There is no corrective action needed.
If you still need help you can contact your Vidyo Reseller or the Vidyo Support Team via email or phone at the locations listed in the Contact Us article.