Alert: VidyoConnect for WebRTC (Safari)
Enghouse Vidyo would like to make our VidyoConnect for WebRTC customers aware of some limitations of using our custom backgrounds feature on Safari.
Which products are affected?
- This issue only persists if you are using customized backgrounds in a VidyoConnect for WebRTC call using Safari.
Known conditions for the issue to occur
Participants in a conference will not be able to see your video if all the following are true:
- You are using Safari to join a call.
- You have customized backgrounds enabled.
- You have the window completely obfuscated with another window, for example:
- Opening another tab that covers your conference window completely.
- There is another application covering the conference window.
- In the above examples, the other participants will only see your last sent frame.
- This issue only persists in Safari due to a technical limitation within Safari itself.
As more details become available, Vidyo will provide updates on the root cause, workarounds, and fix.
What actions can I take?
- You can easily have the video resume if you bring the conference window to the foreground.
- We recommend using Chrome or Edge to join VidyoConnect for WebRTC calls.
If you still need help you can contact your Vidyo Reseller or the Vidyo Support Team via email or phone at the locations listed in the Contact Us article.