Alert: VidyoConnect for Mobile (iOS 17 and iPadOS 17)
We are tracking issues with VidyoConnect for Mobile on iOS 17 and iPadOS 17.
Which products are affected?
- iPhones and iPads running VidyoConnect for Mobile on iOS 17 and iPadOS 17.
- Crackling on lobby room and hard mute
- Users in the lobby room, or users whose microphones have been hard-muted by the moderator will hear a crackling sound play through their playback device.
- The sound and the frequency of the crackle is not deterministic and does not seem to favor one kind of devices over the other.
- If the crackling sound is being played during a call it will continue to play even while the other participants are speaking.
- Video content in Epic waiting room will not play
- The media (videos and audio) in Epic waiting rooms will not play.
For both issues discussed here, they are observed exclusively with iOS 17 and iPadOS 17. Our initial tests indicate the root cause to be changes in the new CallKitUI. We will continue our testing internally and with any new OS update in the future.
As more details become available, Vidyo will provide updates on the root cause, workarounds, and fix.
What actions can I take?
- Audio issue (crackling) in lobby room while user is under hard mute
- As a moderator:
- We have seen this issue present only in the lobby room and when the user’s microphone has been put on a hard mute during conferences.
- The audio issue will have a higher impact during conferences. For this reason, we would suggest hard muting microphones in-call only when absolutely necessary.
- As a user:
- There is currently no workaround for users at this time, however, the user can request (via the chat feature) that the moderator disable the hard mute while in the lobby room.
- Video content in Epic waiting room will not auto-play
- We don’t have a workaround for this bug at this moment. We will post an update as soon as possible.
If you still need help you can contact your Vidyo Reseller or the Vidyo Support Team via email or phone at the locations listed in the Contact Us article.