PARIS – January 4, 2012 – Vidyo, Inc., the first company to deliver personal telepresence, announced that DBee, a leading creative technology agency based in Paris, is using Vidyo communications and collaboration products to produce virtual meetings and large-scale digital events for its enterprise clients throughout Europe. The agency undertakes an average of 150 such events annually. Vidyo replaced the company’s previous solution for multiplex broadcast events, improving the quality with low-latency, HD video and audio, and saving the creative agency time and money.”
“Satellite connections were inconvenient, requiring advance reservations and lots of equipment to capture videos at multiple locations,” said Emmanuel Pain, DBee’s CEO. “Also, satellite transmissions introduce unacceptable delays – a second or two locally, and up to six seconds when crossing oceans. Using Vidyo technology over IP, we can have a Paris-to-New York HD transmission with only about 50 milliseconds of delay, which is imperceptible to viewers. Vidyo is simply the best-in-class in the industry today for HD quality of multiplex video services over IP. It makes it easy for us to build digital events, and for participants to interact more fluidly and naturally no matter what device they use to join the event.”
Vidyo technology provides DBee with advantages that include:
- High-quality video with no appreciable delay, even when transmissions extend halfway around the globe. Vidyo delivers its high quality on 720p signals and can transmit video with minimal latency even over lossy networks.
- More flexibility and creativity in building event content. For example, DBee can capture presenters on video in front of a green or blue background “screen”, then later crop the characters and place them into a different background setting. With satellite transmissions, blue or green artifacts often remained around the characters. Vidyo’s higher-quality, low-latency video technology enables DBee to place people into any background without artifacts.
- Exceptional performance and quality with different form factors. Remote participants in DBee-produced events can join from a variety of devices – including mobile phone, laptop, tablet or video projection system – and enjoy the same high-quality user experience.
- Simple installation and implementation. As a result, DBee can be more efficient. The company can use Vidyo to easily build a few-to-few multiplex or conference, then stream it to thousands of people, anywhere in the world.
- Measureable cost savings. DBee no longer needs trucks, very high-end and expensive broadcast camera crews in multiple locations or a lot of logistics support for its large-scale digital events. DBee’s CEO Emmanuel Pain estimates that a Vidyo IP multiplex event costs about one-fifth as much as a comparable event on a satellite multiplex.
- Expansion of business capabilities and options. DBee has been able to implement more services globally for its corporate clients who need this way of interacting and who appreciate new and better ways to implement virtual meetings.
The Vidyo Difference
The Vidyo communication and collaboration platform is software-based, highly flexible and can be easily customized for individual enterprise and vertical market video conferencing needs. The VidyoRouter is based on the company’s patented Adaptive Video Layering™ architecture and leverages H.264 Scalable Video Coding (SVC)-based technology. It eliminates the MCU and offers unprecedented error resiliency, low latency and rate matching, enabling natural, affordable, high-quality video to work over the Internet, LTE, 3G and 4G networks. The Vidyo platform allows users to quickly leverage the latest hardware innovations and new consumer devices, making it uniquely attractive to partners. Vidyo has been active driving H.264 SVC and SIP videoconferencing interoperability in various standards bodies since 2005.
DBee is a leading creative technology agency with extensive expertise in the following areas: building online strategies for all electronic media and providing high-quality broadcast and webcast services. DBee’s rich media proficiency has earned DBee a loyal clientele of large corporations across Europe. Approximately 150 virtual meetings and digital events are produced each year with a worldwide reach mixing creative concepts and cutting-edge technologies. As a comprehensive operator working at the hard of the B2B sector and broadcasting industry, DBee is a full-service provider, including digital events set-up and project management. DBee maintains headquarters in Paris. More information is available at www.dbee.com.
About Vidyo, Inc.
Vidyo, Inc. pioneered Personal Telepresence enabling natural, HD multi-point videoconferences on tablets and smartphones, PCs and Macs, room systems, gateways that interoperate with H.323 and SIP endpoints, telepresence solutions and affordable cloud-based broadcast solutions. Learn more at vidyo.com, on the Blog or follow @vidyo on Twitter.
# # #
The VIDYO logo is a registered trademark of Vidyo, Inc., VIDYO and the trademarks of the VIDYO family of products are trademarks of Vidyo, Inc. and the other trademarks referenced herein are the property of their respective owners.
Mari Mineta Clapp
+1 (408) 398-6433