Effective Date: August 10, 2015
- Visitors to our websites, including Vidyo.com and VidyoWay.com (“Vidyo Websites”)
- Users of services hosted by Vidyo, including VidyoWay, free trials of our products and services and other cloud offerings (“Hosted Services”)
- Users of Vidyo’s conferencing and collaboration solutions deployed by Customers at their sites (“Deployed Products”)
- Customers and Users using our training and support functions, including those relating to our Deployed Systems, Hosted Services, or a Vidyo Website (“Customer Support”)
- Our sales and marketing programs, processes and activities, such as order information provided by Vidyo distributors, resellers, dealers, Service Providers, third party sales agents, or other channel partners (“Channel Partners”) or information collected through our advertising programs (collectively “Sales Activities”).
WHAT INFORMATION DO WE COLLECT?
Vidyo collects many kinds of information in order to continue to offer you quality products and services. We may collect information about you when you visit a Vidyo Website, subscribe for, purchase or use our products and services on the various available platforms, or in other situations such as Customer Support or Sales Activities. The information collected may range from simple business contact information you provide to us on a web form when establishing an account or requesting a demo or a free trial, to analytical and other information we collect through technological means such as cookies and web logging. We may also receive information from third parties, such as our Channel Partners. The specific information we collect in any situation depends on the platform you use, the reason for the collection and the technology involved.
Click here to learn more about information Vidyo collects.
HOW DO WE USE THE INFORMATION YOU COLLECT?
We use the information we collect to provide you with our products and services and in connection with our on-going customer relationship, such as informing Customers of software updates and providing Customer Support. We also use the collected information to evaluate and improve our products and services. Some information collected assists us in operating and evaluating Vidyo Websites as well as customizing and improving our marketing activities. Finally we may use collected information as we believe is necessary or desirable to comply with legal or governmental requirements or demands.
Click here to learn more about how Vidyo uses information it collects
WHERE IS INFORMATION WE COLLECT STORED?
Electronic information collected by Vidyo is kept on servers that are owned and operated either by Vidyo or by Vidyo contracted suppliers or Channel Partners. These servers are primarily located in the United States.
Yes. When you visit Vidyo Websites or use our Hosted Services we or our suppliers may send to your computer one or more cookies – small text files containing a string of alphanumeric characters – that uniquely identify your browser and lets us help you log in faster and enhance your navigation through Vidyo Websites and/or your User experience. A cookie may also convey information to us about how you use the Vidyo Websites (e.g., the pages you view, the links you click and other actions you take), and allow us or our suppliers to track your usage over time and serve you appropriate advertising for our products and services. Cookies are used to reduce the need for you to re-enter information or choices and to personalize your experience while visiting Vidyo Websites and using our Hosted Services.
Click here to learn more about Vidyo cookies and related technologies.
WITH WHOM DO WE SHARE INFORMATION?
Vidyo may share your information with:
- Its subsidiaries, controlled affiliates and Channel Partners located in the U.S. or elsewhere, as we believe necessary for business purposes;
- Suppliers under appropriate non-disclosure and data security obligations for purposes of providing services to us;
- Government authorities or other third parties when Vidyo believes such action is necessary or desirable to respond to legal process or government demands; to protect our Customers or Users; to protect lives or property rights; or to maintain the security of our products or services.
Click here to learn more about Vidyo information sharing.
HOW DO WE PROTECT YOUR INFORMATION?
Vidyo uses commercially reasonable physical, administrative, and technical safeguards to preserve the integrity and security of your information in our possession. We use similar safeguards in deleting or disposing of your information. However, since the internet is not a 100% secure environment, despite these efforts we cannot ensure or warrant the security of your information. Accordingly, there is no guarantee that information may not be accessed, copied, disclosed, altered, or destroyed by breach of any of our safeguards.
You are responsible for maintaining the secrecy of your unique password and account information and for controlling access to your email communications at all times.
WHAT ARE THE AVAILABLE CHOICES ABOUT YOUR INFORMATION?
You may have various choices with respect to our use of your information:
- With respect to Vidyo’s email marketing program, we maintain a Vidyo Email Preference Center at http://info.vidyo.com/email-preference-center.html which allows you to select the types of emails you wish to receive and to suspend receipt on a temporary or permanent basis.
- You may also have choices with respect to the use of information in the analytics activities we conduct directly or through our third party suppliers, depending on the platform you use and the technology involved. To learn more about those choices click here.
- We aim to keep your information accurate, current, and complete. If you believe or suspect the information you have previously submitted to us is now inaccurate, please contact us as specified in the “How Do You Contact Us?” section below to update, correct or delete the information.
HOW LONG DO WE KEEP YOUR INFORMATION?
Vidyo will retain your information, whether or not your account is active, for as long as it believes is necessary or desirable to fulfill Vidyo business purposes or to comply with applicable law, audit requirements, regulatory requests or orders from competent courts.
CAN CHILDREN USE THE WEBSITE?
If it comes to our attention that we have collected personal information from a child under age 13 without verification of parental consent, we will delete that information as quickly as possible. If you believe that we might have any information from or about a child under the age of 13, please contact us.
WHAT ABOUT LINKS TO OTHER WEB SITES AND SERVICES?
WHAT ARE CALIFORNIA PRIVACY RIGHTS?
Under California’s “Shine the Light” law, California residents who provide “personal information” (as defined in the law) in obtaining products or services for personal, family or household use are entitled to request and obtain from us once a calendar year information about the personal information we shared, if any, with other businesses for their direct marketing uses. If applicable, this information would include the categories of personal information and the names and addresses of those businesses with which we shared such personal information for the immediately prior calendar year (e.g. requests made in 2015 will receive information about 2014). To obtain this information please write to us at the address listed below in the Contact Us section. Please include your full name and address.
HOW DO YOU CONTACT US?
If you have any questions about Vidyo’s privacy practices contact us by email to email@example.com by mail at:
Attn: Privacy Officer
433 Hackensack Avenue,
Hackensack, NJ 07601
MORE ABOUT INFORMATION VIDYO COLLECTS
Vidyo may collect information from Customers and Users when they are browsing Vidyo Websites, registering for or using any of our Hosted Services (whether they are accessed through a desktop computer, a smart phone or tablet, or some other device), using our Customer Support services, or with respect to anonymized technical analytical information only, using our Deployed Systems. Vidyo may also collect information in connection with our Sales Activities.
INFORMATION COLLECTED WHEN BROWSING VIDYO SITES
- When you fill out our online form requesting a demo, a free trial or additional information about Vidyo products and services, we collect basic information such as your name, email address, country of residence, company and telephone number. This information is required to communicate with you and to provide you with the information or services you requested.
- Log file information is automatically reported to us by your browser each time you access Vidyo Websites. For instance, our servers automatically record information such as your web request, referral URL, IP address, statistics on page views, usage statistics and crashes.
- If you browse Vidyo Websites from a smart phone, a tablet or other mobile device, the mobile services provider may transmit to us uniquely identifiable mobile device information which may include, or may allow us to determine, information such as your hardware model, operating system version, language and time zone, and router ID.
INFORMATION COLLECTED IN CONNECTION WITH SALES ACTIVITIES
- When you inquire about purchasing our products or services, or when you sign up for a Vidyo Hosted Service or purchase Deployed Products we will obtain business and contact information, which may include name, email address, country of residence, company and telephone number of the person subscribing for the service 8 or inquiring about purchasing the products either directly or on behalf of an organization.
- Vidyo may also receive business and contact information about Customers, potential Customers and Users through its Channel Partners or through third party marketing companies.
INFORMATION COLLECTED IN CONNECTION WITH HOSTED SERVICES
- When you use a Hosted Service either as a Customer, a registered User under a Customer’s account, or a guest of a Customer or registered User, Vidyo may automatically collect and store certain information about your usage of and interaction with Vidyo’s software and products such as server information (hardware settings and statistics, network information, system activity, server configuration, alerts, utilization, appliance version, browser details) and call records (“CDRs”) which contain the time and duration of calls, the number and types of participants on each call, and electronic identification data of the call participants such as user name (which may be the participant’s email address), display name, IP address, telephone number (if the participant joined by telephone), server details, endpoint type and version, device type and type and version of operating system, browser type, version and language, and circumstances of disconnecting from the call. In addition, Vidyo may collect certain endpoint information (such as hardware statistics, network information, application settings, log files, error reports and usage).
- When you access Hosted Services from a smart phone, a tablet or other mobile device, the mobile services provider may transmit to us uniquely identifiable mobile device information which may include, or may allow us to determine, information such as your hardware model, operating system version, language and time zone, system activity, usage activity, and network information.
- Some of our Hosted Services may include a feature allowing a participant to record the content of video conferences and instant messaging communications. If such feature is used, we may collect and store the content of such video conferences and instant messaging communications.
INFORMATION COLLECTED IN CONNECTION WITH DEPLOYED PRODUCTS
- Vidyo may collect, through third parties or by technical means, anonymized technical analytics information of the type described in Information Collected in Connection with Hosted Services about the way Users interact with and use our Deployed Products. No such information can be matched by Vidyo or aggregated with other information in our possession to identify or re-identify the User.
- Anyone with administrative access to a Vidyo system, such as your organization’s or (if applicable) Service Provider’s general administrator (each such person, an “Administrator”), will have access to the User account and activity information contained in such Vidyo system (including email address and other data to the extent included). The Administrator may be able to:
- View a User’s CDRs and log files
- Change the Users’ account passwords o Suspend or terminate the Users’ account access
- Access or retain information stored as part of the Users’ account
- Receive the Users’ account information in order to satisfy applicable law regulation, legal process or enforceable governmental requests
- As part of certain agreements with its Service Provider Channel Partners, Vidyo may request and receive User CDRs in order to monitor and verify usage.
INFORMATION COLLECTED IN CONNECTION WITH CUSTOMER SUPPORT ACTIVITIES
- All information provided in connection with accessing Customer Support may be captured and retained by Vidyo. For example:
- When you call or initiate an online chat to receive Customer Support, we monitor and may record the various interactions that take place.
- If you email us in connection with a request for Customer Support services we may retain that email.
- When you provide information to our Customer Support personnel during the course of resolving a problem, that information may also be retained.
- In order to provide direct technical support, we may need to receive and analyze information such as User CDRs, User log files and system data bases which contain the information of the type described in Information Collected in Connection with Hosted Services.
- In the course of providing online or direct technical support, with your permission, we may sometimes be granted access to data that is visible on your screen. The relevant Administrator may also grant us access to other data of your organization. This data may contain information about you, your organization’s employees, customers, partners, or suppliers. Any such access to information not relevant to the problem being resolved is not recorded or retained by Vidyo.
MORE ABOUT THE USE OF INFORMATION VIDYO COLLECTS
Vidyo uses the information it collects for the following purposes:
Vidyo uses the information we collect in order to communicate with you about Vidyo’s products and services, to respond to your requests for information and to keep Customers informed of important matters, such as software and security updates and changes to our terms and conditions. We also use it to process orders and administer the financial and other aspects of our relationship.
- Providing Requested Products and Services
Information is used to provide the desired products or services to Customers and Users.
- Sales Activities
Vidyo uses information it collects as part of its Sales Activities for processing orders, sending leads to our Channel Partners, keeping you informed of special offers and changes in available products and services and general marketing activities.
- Customer Support
Information is also used to provide technical and other support to Customers and Users of our products and services. Recording Customer Support sessions helps Vidyo to train its personnel and creates a record of the interaction for future use and product improvement purposes.
- Data Analytics
MORE ABOUT VIDYO’S SHARING OF INFORMATION
- Information may be shared among Vidyo and its subsidiaries and controlled affiliates as part of Vidyo’s regular business operations. Vidyo may also share information with its Channel Partners for their use in Sales Activities, supporting Customers and Users, and for other business purposes.
- Like many businesses, Vidyo contracts with other companies to perform certain business-related functions, such as internet and telecommunications service providers, website hosting companies, data hosting companies, mail delivery companies, analytics companies, fulfilment companies, and other service providers. When we do, we may share with them information that they require to perform their specific functions. Suppliers to Vidyo that have access to your information are required to keep the information confidential, maintain appropriate security and are not permitted to use the information for any purpose other than to carry out the services they are performing for Vidyo.
- Customer and User information in Vidyo’s files may be transferred in a corporate reorganization transaction such as a sale or divestiture of the company, or any combination of its products, services, or assets. We may also transfer or assign such information in the course of a bankruptcy, dissolution or similar transactions or proceedings.
- We will disclose information when Vidyo believes such action is necessary or desirable to respond to legal process or government demands or requests, to protect our Customers or Users, to protect lives or property rights, to maintain the security of our products or services, or to help defend ourselves against any claims or allegations.
MORE ABOUT COOKIES AND OTHER TRACKING DEVICES
Vidyo may use both session and persistent cookies in connection with Vidyo Websites and Hosted Services. A persistent cookie remains on your hard drive after you close your browser. Persistent cookies may be used by your browser on subsequent visits to Vidyo Websites and can be removed by following your web browser’s directions. A session cookie is temporary and disappears after you close your browser. You can reset your web browser to refuse all cookies or to indicate when a cookie is being sent. However, some features of Vidyo Websites or Hosted Services may not function properly if the ability to accept cookies is disabled. We set cookies which remain on your computer for differing times. Some expire at the end of each session and some remain for longer so that when you return to our website, you will have a better user experience. The table below explains the cookies we use, and the purposes for which they are used.
|_atuvc||AddThis Cache||Caches view counts|
|_cdrop||Google/Double Click||VidyoRoom (Gen 2)|
|_utma||Google Analytics||Determines sessions/visits|
|_utmb||Google Analytics||Determines sessions/visits|
|_utmc||Google Analytics||Determines if session/visit is new|
|_utmz||Google Analytics||Stores visitor level custom variable data|
|_icl_current_language||WPML||WPML coding API – Holds current language|
|_mkto_trk||Marketo||Email Marketing service tracking|
|googtrans||Google Translate||Google translation tracking|
|id||Doubleclick.net||Ad Targeting – DoubleClick|
|wordpress_5ff0fc319cb82e31d4ecacddd176a6a9||WordPress||MU Domain Mapping (languages)|
|wordpress_test_cookie||WordPress||Tests if cookies are enabled in browser|
|wp-settings-1||WordPress||WordPress root cookie|
|wp-settings-time-1||WordPress||Sets data and time|
|wp-settings-time-1887||WordPress||User settings for browser|
|JSESSIONID||VidyoPortal||Distinguishes users and sessions|
|VidyoPortalSuperLanguage||VidyoPortal Super||Indicates language to use|
|VidyoPortalAdminLanguage||VidyoPortal Admin||Indicates language to use|
|VidyoPortalLanguage||VidyoPortal User||Indicates language to use|
Web browsers allow you to exercise some control of cookies through the browser settings. Most browsers enable you to block cookies or to block cookies from particular sites. Browsers can also help you to delete cookies when you close your browser. You should note however, that blocking or deleting cookies may mean that any opt-outs or preferences you set on the site may be lost. To find out more about cookies, including how to see what cookies have been set and how to manage and delete them, visit www.allaboutcookies.org which includes information on how to manage your settings for the major browser providers
The table below explains which tracking scripts we may use on Vidyo Websites and the purposes for each.
|Google AdWords Conversion||Advertising|
|Google Dynamic Remarketing||Advertising|
|Facebook Exchange (FBX)||Advertising|
When you use Vidyo Websites or Hosted Services, we may also employ web beacons (also known as clear GIFs) which are used to anonymously track the online usage patterns of users of Vidyo Websites or Hosted Services.
Do Not Track
CHOICES OFFERED BY THIRDY PARTY ANALYTICS COMPANIES
At this time the following analytics companies used by Vidyo offer certain choices with respect to their collection of information. Please check this site regularly for changes.
Google Analytics see: http://tools.google.com/dlpage/gaoptout