Effective Date: August 6, 2015
- Visitors to our websites, including Vidyo.com and VidyoWay.com (“Vidyo Websites”)
- Users of services hosted by Vidyo, including VidyoWay, free trials of our products and services and other cloud offerings (“Hosted Services”)
- Users of Vidyo’s conferencing and collaboration solutions deployed by Customers at their sites (“Deployed Products”)
- Customers and Users using our training and support functions, including those relating to our Deployed Systems, Hosted Services, or a Vidyo Website (“Customer Support”)
- Our sales and marketing programs, processes and activities, such as order information provided by Vidyo distributors, resellers, dealers, Service Providers, third party sales agents, or other channel partners (“Channel Partners”) or information collected through our advertising programs (collectively “Sales Activities”).
Vidyo collects many kinds of information in order to continue to offer you quality products and services. We may collect information about you when you visit a Vidyo Website, subscribe for, purchase or use our products and services on the various available platforms, or in other situations such as Customer Support or Sales Activities. The information collected may range from simple business contact information you provide to us on a web form when establishing an account or requesting a demo or a free trial, to analytical and other information we collect through technological means such as cookies and web logging. We may also receive information from third parties, such as our Channel Partners. The specific information we collect in any situation depends on the platform you use, the reason for the collection and the technology involved.
We use the information we collect to provide you with our products and services and in connection with our on-going customer relationship, such as informing Customers of software updates and providing Customer Support. We also use the collected information to evaluate and improve our products and services. Some information collected assists us in operating and evaluating Vidyo Websites as well as customizing and improving our marketing activities. Finally we may use collected information as we believe is necessary or desirable to comply with legal or governmental requirements or demands.
WHERE IS INFORMATION WE COLLECT STORED?
Electronic information collected by Vidyo is kept on servers that are owned and operated either by Vidyo or by Vidyo contracted suppliers or Channel Partners. These servers are primarily located in the United States.
Yes. When you visit Vidyo Websites or use our Hosted Services we or our suppliers may send to your computer one or more cookies – small text files containing a string of alphanumeric characters – that uniquely identify your browser and lets us help you log in faster and enhance your navigation through Vidyo Websites and/or your User experience. A cookie may also convey information to us about how you use the Vidyo Websites (e.g., the pages you view, the links you click and other actions you take), and allow us or our suppliers to track your usage over time and serve you appropriate advertising for our products and services. Cookies are used to reduce the need for you to re-enter information or choices and to personalize your experience while visiting Vidyo Websites and using our Hosted Services.
Vidyo may share your information with:
- Its subsidiaries, controlled affiliates and Channel Partners located in the U.S. or elsewhere, as we believe necessary for business purposes;
- Suppliers under appropriate non-disclosure and data security obligations for purposes of providing services to us;
- Government authorities or other third parties when Vidyo believes such action is necessary or desirable to respond to legal process or government demands; to protect our Customers or Users; to protect lives or property rights; or to maintain the security of our products or services.
HOW DO WE PROTECT YOUR INFORMATION?
Vidyo uses commercially reasonable physical, administrative, and technical safeguards to preserve the integrity and security of your information in our possession. We use similar safeguards in deleting or disposing of your information. However, since the internet is not a 100% secure environment, despite these efforts we cannot ensure or warrant the security of your information. Accordingly, there is no guarantee that information may not be accessed, copied, disclosed, altered, or destroyed by breach of any of our safeguards.
You are responsible for maintaining the secrecy of your unique password and account information and for controlling access to your email communications at all times.
You may have various choices with respect to our use of your information:
- With respect to Vidyo’s email marketing program, we maintain a Vidyo Email Preference Center at http://info.vidyo.com/email-preference-center.html which allows you to select the types of emails you wish to receive and to suspend receipt on a temporary or permanent basis.
- You may also have choices with respect to the use of information in the analytics activities we conduct directly or through our third party suppliers, depending on the platform you use and the technology involved. To learn more about those choices To learn more about those choices, click here.
- We aim to keep your information accurate, current, and complete. If you believe or suspect the information you have previously submitted to us is now inaccurate, please contact us as specified in the “How Do You Contact Us?” section below to update, correct or delete the information.
HOW LONG DO WE KEEP YOUR INFORMATION?
Vidyo will retain your information, whether or not your account is active, for as long as it believes is necessary or desirable to fulfill Vidyo business purposes or to comply with applicable law, audit requirements, regulatory requests or orders from competent courts.